24.04.13 at 06:24:19 pm RenegadeX April update "Housekeeping" Posted by kenz3001
We're just about ready to roll into our next phase of development, and so it's time to let you in on our housekeeping business.
The current Renegade X forums served us well (not really), but it's been needing some visual and technical upgrades. We will be migrating to a new phpBB3 forum this weekend. The new forums will require a password reset, so before you say that your old password doesn't work, please press the "Forgot Password?" button once the new forums are up. You will know the forum has changed when the layout looks different from the current one. And it'll actually be decent this time, we promise.
Beta Testing - Phase II
In March, we put out an application to our Phase II closed beta. For a long and tenuous application, we had an overwhelming response. We are happy to announce that roughly 75% of the applicants have been accepted and will be hearing from us on April 30th 2013. We will then give the testers some time to get cozy and familiarize themselves with the rules and tasks. The internal beta will start in May 2013.
Progress has been great. The game is running smoothly and most of the core features have been completed. A lot of polishing and bug-fixing is necessary, and we hope to be focusing on that in the next few months. Overall we are very excited to be starting our first rounds of major testing, and we'll be sure to show off some new footage in a little while.
Mesa was a stock map for the original C&C Renegade, and it has now been remade. You can check out our full story on the map here: http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/showthread.php?51084-Beta-Preview&p=89869&viewfull=1#post89869
Below are some fresh new images:
Mesa is the first map that would feature the blue Tiberium that C&C Tiberian Sun made famous. Blue Tiberium is more valuable, but it is also explosive and therefore more dangerous to both infantry and vehicles.
6 months ago, we announced in our Game Design videocast that the GDI Tiberium-based weapons would be exchanged for new alternatives. This was a creative choice, and it was done because we believe that it is not in GDI's character to weaponize Tiberium. Tiberium and chemical weapons has been more associated with Nod in the C&C universe, so it was strange that GDI had more Tiberium weapons in C&C Renegade. As we've said in a previous update, Patch's Tiberium Flechette was exchanged for the new Tactical Rifle - the incendiary weapon featured in Black Dawn.
Moreover, because the same GDI character (Sydney) was used twice for two different character classes, we decided to exchange the 150 Sydney character with Angus McFarland from Black Dawn. This way we could avoid confusion in multiplayer with having two "Sydneys". Since her Tiberium Autorifle was removed from the game, we've created a new weapon: the Flak Cannon.
Not only did the Tiberium Autorifle not fit GDI, it was seldom used in multiplayer. The new Flak Cannon works much like the Unreal Tournament gun. It has two fire modes: the primary fire shoots flak shells that disperse with distance, and the secondary fire shoots a flak grenade. Since Nod's 150-credit weapon worked like an upgraded Flamethrower, we thought it would be befitting if GDI's 150-credit weapon worked like an upgrade of GDI's basic infantry as well. The primary fire resembles the shotgun while the secondary resembles the grenade launcher.
"The McFarland" will cost 150 credits, and it is most effective in close-quarter combat.
The Nod Chemspray is the answer to the GDI flak cannon. It fires a deadly toxic gas that leaves a long-lasting poison effect on enemy infantry. The Chemical Warrior will also be given a Tiberium suit that will allow it to walk on Tiberium without harm. Check it out:
That's all for today. Keep an eye out for more updates.
4 Comment(s) 123 View(s)
2.03.13 at 07:10:26 am beta applications open Posted by kenz3001
yer go make an application
10 Comment(s) 324 View(s)
11.01.13 at 04:18:04 pm Official MPF Renegade X Server Rules Posted by alexrirak
The rules listed below are enforced all servers unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
Server Name: ?
Server IP: ?
Server Port: ?
This topic is in three parts.
- Renegade X Server Rules.
- Moderators/Administrators Rules.
- Moderators/Administrators List.
Renegade X Server Rules.
These set of rules are in effect on all supported MPF Renegade X Servers, note that some servers may have rules added in this case, their server rules are in effect, refer to the server information topics for more information.
- No Cheating. If caught, you will be banned permanently.
- Fake beacons are allowed, although placing beacons one after another might result in a kick.
- Changing teams is allowed only in the first 5 minutes of a game. To balance teams after that IS allowed. It is up to the moderators in game weather or not a teamchange is legit and you maybe asked to change team. When asked to change team by a moderator you must comply or risk being kicked from the server.
It's possible that halfway through a game teams become unbalanced because of players leaving, it is allowed to balance the teams then but nobody will get forced to balance the teams at this point.
- No Bug Exploiting. If caught, you will be qkicked, kicked or banned depending on the level of the infraction.
- Entering buildings or the tunnels with a vehicle is prohibited.
- It is possible to disable the opposing team's harvester, this is considered bug exploiting and thus prohibited.
- No Racism. Prejudice based upon race, gender, or sexuality will not be tolerated; you will be kicked or banned for it.
- Please respect all players. It should be held as a high priority toward other players, moderators, and administrators. Removal from the server can and will be the result of your actions if this rule is not followed.
- No Team hampering. One offense is generally not a typically kickable offense, but do keep in mind that moderators will moderate as they see fit, within reason.
- No offensive nicknames. No joining with stupid names, especially ones like "1|!1|!!|!\\1|!". This also extends to joining the game with names like "Adolf Hitler". This is generally a !qkickable offense, however if persistent it will lead to more serious consequences. If you re-join with the same name do not expect mercy.
- No whining. People don't like to watch you whine about small things such as kills or other stupid things. It's a game. Have fun. Appropriate punishment will be either a qkick or a kick depending on what and how long you do it. Bans will not be issued for this violation, unless in extreme cases.
- Please speak English. The majority of the players speak English, so please be courteous enough to speak what they understand. While one or two messages are not a problem, extended conversations should be kept private.
- Do not go overboard with swearing, or with insults in general. While it is tolerable to jokingly trade insults with friends, you will be dealt with if you are seen to be deliberately harassing other players.
- The MPF clantag is reserved for official MPF clanmembers, using it without being a member will result in you being kicked.
- Changing your name to the name of known cheaters and/or rule breakers may result in you being banned
- Do not spam radio commands or you will be kicked.
- Have fun playing on our server.
- Do not abuse your powers for your own enjoyment or for the enjoyment of others.
- You may only use your powers to kick players when they break the server rules.
- All mods and admins must obey the server rules like any other player.
- Try to act in a mature and professional manner at all times, if you look bad, you make the server look bad and therefore MPF as the whole.
- When kicking or banning a player, try using a clear and understandable reason.
- What happens in the Admin channels, stays in the Admin channels.
- Do not remove a ban without first speaking to the admin or mod who first banned them, unless you have an higher mode status in the channel.
- Do not look at team chat to spy on the enemies plans, anyone doing this, whoever you are, will be qkicked, only time you may do so is for official reasons, you suspect a player cheating and checking the logs etc.
- Follow all rules at all times in whatever server you are in, if you make yourself look bad, you make MPF look bad.
- You're caught cheating in another server, its !gameover for you here.
If you find yourself kicked or banned from this one of these servers, you may appeal at this link - RenX Banned Forum
You can download new maps, skins or if you need backups of files for Renegade X here - Game-Maps.NET
This topic can be updated at any time without notice so check it out every now and then.
Thank you and have fun in our servers.
MP-Gaming.com Moderators Team
Topic originally created by alexrirak
0 Comment(s) 121 View(s)